The Rideau Skating Club is sanctioned by Skate Canada and is in the Ontario Section of Skate Canada. The Rideau Skating Club has more than 450 members and operates out of the Mike O'Neil arena in Manotick with some sessions being held at the Fred Barrett Arena (at Bank St and Leitrim Rd) from September through to the end of April and during the spring and summer months. The Rideau Skating Club develops skaters of all abilities from the entry level recreational skaters to competitive skaters. For more information on Skate Canada, please visit their website at www.skatecanada.ca More information on the Ontario section of Skate Canada can be found at www.skateontario.org.
The Rideau Skating Club was formed in 1976. The Club is run entirely by parent volunteers. Operations of the Club are handled by a volunteer Executive, which is elected at the Club’s Annual General Meeting in the spring of each year. The Executive communicates with the membership by posting information on the Club bulletin board at the arena, and through this website. Members are encouraged to check the bulletin board frequently for important messages. Members of the Executive are interested in hearing your compliments and concerns. Feedback can also be provided via the Contact Us form.
Our Mission Statement
The RSC supports all skaters of all ages and abilities in realizing their skating goals, by providing quality coaching, facilities, programming and leadership.
Committed to the development of the fundamentals of skating and figure skating.
RSC values need to be embraced by all members and help define the culture of the club and how we behave. The following elements are what RSC values as an organization:
1. Fitness for Life – RSC promotes the desire to be physically active for life and skating may instill a lifelong relationship with physical activity.
2. Diversity & Inclusiveness – RSC promotes and supports diversity and inclusion within its membership (see Skate Ontario Inclusion Policy).
3. Collaboration – RSC encourages participation and collaboration among its members and the community-at-large.
4. Passion – Participation in the sport fosters discipline, commitment, motivation and cooperation of all participants, which can be applied in their day-to-day lives beyond the sport.
5. Excellence – RSC consistently strives to achieve excellence at all levels of the organization.
6. Integrity – RSC is transparent, honest and trustworthy when dealing with its membership and the general public.