City of Ottawa recreational facilities will remain closed until the end of June 2020.
All spring skating sessions (May/June) are cancelled - CanSkate and StarSkate
Summer skating is still to be determined.
Rideau Skating Club values the privacy of our club members. This privacy statement serves to disclose the privacy practices of this website, www.rideauskating.ca.
Collection and Use of Information
Rideau Skating Club limits the information we collect about our members to only what is required by Skate Canada for being an active member of a skating club.
Rideau Skating Club will collect personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. through your registration and membership with our club, both of which are voluntary and may be cancelled at any time.
Rideau Skating Club will use this information in order to:
- Communicate information relating to the operation and promotion of our club with our members and program participants (i.e. member communications, organization details, current and future program information, club communications, event promotions and details, volunteer information, etc.);
- Arrange for instruction and encourage the practice and enjoyment of skating;
- Help organize and operate competitions and show performances;
- Communicate with prospective members about any and all club-related information;
- Enable our club committee and administrative staff to administer business activities, programs, and registrations (i.e. through completing program and event registrations, responding to questions, informing members about upcoming events, etc.);
- Register your membership with club-associated governing bodies to which you consent (i.e. Skate Canada).
Credit Card Information
Rideau Skating Club does not store any credit card number and security information on-line or on our website (www.rideauskating.ca).
Release of Information
Rideau Skating Club does not sell, rent or exchange identifiable client information with any third party except as described herein or as you may otherwise consent. All information gathered by Rideau Skating Club is kept strictly confidential. We respect your privacy and confidence as a valued member of our Club. Rideau Skating Club may also provide your personal information where we are required or permitted to do by law.
Website “cookies” and IP addresses
Rideau Skating club may use “cookies” to track your web browsing and registration activities and preferences on www.rideauskating.ca. Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing the website. Cookies help websites to remember information, such as items added in a shopping cart, and to record your browsing activity, including button selections, logging in, etc.
Rideau Skating Club’s website may log IP addresses and browser details during your site visit.
Protecting Your Information
Rideau Skating Club is committed to the protection of our members’ information. Sensitive and personal information is kept secure and strictly confidential. Our website maintains appropriate safeguards and security measures and we retain your information only for the duration that is required for the purposes previously stated. Only the committee members and administrative staff involved in data processing have access to this date. In the event that any other Club member is found in violation of our security and privacy policies, rest assured that strict disciplinary action will be taken.
You may also send mail to:
Rideau Skating Club
P.O. Box 422