WE ARE BACK - All skating resumes Tuesday, February 16, 2021!!
CanSkate Winter Registration - All programs are full
STARSkate Winter Registration - Space available in all programs
WINTER 2021 SEASON INFORMATION
posted Jan 4, 2021, 7:15 AM
Feb 12, 2021
Following today’s announcement, the City of Ottawa will be reopening in the Orange/Restrict zone effective Tuesday, February 16th.
Here are some of the highlights that associations and groups need to follow:
- All groups must have a safety officer.
- Maximum of 25 on ice participants – plus 5 off ice coaches, instructors and/or trainers.
- 1 parent/guardian allowed per participant under the age of 18. No spectators.
- Changerooms are open for use, but to their established capacity. Chairs will be placed outside the changerooms or in the lobbies for the overflow. Showers remain closed.
- Groups can arrive 20 minutes prior to their ice time and must exit the building 20 minutes after.
- Participants are still encouraged to arrive fully dressed.
As we offer skating programs during the pandemic we must abide by Skate Canada, Skate Ontario, the provincial government, the City of Ottawa and the facility protocols. Needless to say, CanSkate will look a little different this year.
DAYS & TIMES
CanSkate will be offered at the Manotick arena only on the following days and times:
- Monday 5:00-5:50 pm (January 4 to March 15 – 10 weeks)
- Saturday 10:00-10:50 am (January 9 to March 13 – 10 weeks)
Pre-CanSkate for 3 and 4 year olds is not being offered in the winter 2021 season.
LOW-RATIO CANSKATE PROGRAM
The program will be a low-ratio CanSkate program. This means that there will be no more than 6 skaters per coach. A maximum of 18 CanSkaters will be permitted on the ice for any given program.
Registration requirements for the winter 2021 CanSkate season are:
- Skaters must be at least 5 years of age (as of December 31, 2020) AND
- Skaters must have passed STAGE 2 of the CanSkate program.
Please note: While on the ice, coaches, program assistants, and skaters must maintain a distance of 2m from each other. Therefore no hands-on assistance will be given to skaters. Skaters must be able to get up and down on their own, skate and stop on their own, and get on and off the ice on their own.
Skaters who were members of Rideau Skating Club last year have priority for registration.
- The priority registration window is December 4 (8PM) to December 11 (8PM), 2020
SKATE CANADA MEMBERSHIP FEE
- The annual mandatory 2020/2021 Skate Canada membership fee of $44 per skater will automatically be added at the time of registration if it has not been paid for the 2020/2021 season.
The following is a list of the current adopted and implemented procedures:
- This program is capped at 18 CanSkaters plus coaches and program assistants to ensure we are under the maximum allowed 25 participants on the ice (as per the City of Ottawa protocols).
- All CanSkaters, parents, coaches, and program assistants must have their attendance taken and a health screening completed with one of the volunteers before entering the facility as per Ottawa Public Health Guidelines.
- Everyone must wear masks while in common areas of the facility. CanSkaters, coaches and program assistants are required to wear their masks on the ice during their lessons.
- Everyone should remain at least 2m from anyone not in their household at all times.
- Monday CanSkaters can only enter the arena between 4:40 and 5:00 pm and proceed directly to the assigned change room.
- Saturday CanSkaters can only enter the arena between 9:40 and 10:00 am and proceed directly to the assigned change room.
- Currently, one parent per child is allowed to come in to assist the skater with their skates. The parent must sit in the stands for the remainder of the session. Due to gathering size limitations, siblings should not be brought to the arena whenever possible as their entry may be denied.
- Following the session, skaters (with the assistance of parents if needed) should remove their skates in the assigned change room and exit the facility (following the arrows) within 20 minutes. Anyone not using the change rooms, must exit the facility immediately.
- All teaching aids and common surfaces will be sanitized before and after sessions, as per Skate Ontario protocols.
Please note that these procedures are updated by the City and province frequently, so emails should be monitored regularly for updates.