UPDATED VACCINATION POLICY - RSC
posted Nov 9, 2021, 1:12 PM
Following review of Provincial and Municipal regulations as well as discussions with our membership, Rideau Skating Club has updated our proof of vaccination policy.
Rideau Skating Club strongly recommends that everyone eligible be fully vaccinated.
By January 1, 2022 ALL skaters, coaches, program assistants, spectators, officials, and volunteers born in 2009 or earlier will need to show 2 documents upon entry each day:
- Proof of Vaccination (vaccine receipt showing their second dose was at least 14 days prior)
- Proof of Identity including name and date of birth - valid proof of identification includes birth certificate, citizenship card, driver's licence, health card, Indian Status card/indigenous membership card, passport or permanent resident card.
RSC will be creating a list of previously checked members and their guests, however everyone should be prepared to provide proof each time they attend the arena.
An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines,
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, OR
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada AND
- The final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior.
- Participants, PAs, and spectators born in 2010 or later
- Individuals with a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Everyone MUST enter through the front doors of the arena for each session and pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and isolation requirements.